12 August 2008

Advice for Fascists

Here's a link to my ongoing discussion with United Fascist Union candidate Jackson Grimes and his friends. Grimes is the first of the independent candidates to engage this blog directly, though the wife of Orion Karl Daley sent along some fine words recently. I've also revised the Grimes link on my candidate list to link to my article, which itself contains a link to his campaign website, because I think his attempts to explain himself, whether they're to be taken seriously or not, are as indicative of his plight as his own official propaganda. As for whether we should take him seriously, my hunch is that, whatever Grimes actually hopes, anyone who cites Saddam Hussein as an inspiration shouldn't hold his breath waiting to be taken seriously by American voters.

No comments: