20 December 2016

Think 3 Video News: The last stand of the anti-Trump movement

Here's a video I shot yesterday morning on my way to work. It was the day presidential electors met in the several state to cast their votes, and while New York was solid for Hillary Clinton these demonstrators outside the state capitol in Albany, perhaps emboldened by the local newspaper's editorial from last week calling on electors to overturn Donald Trump's election, hoped that by waving their signs at passing traffic and news cameras on Swan Street they could inspire Republican electors either to elect someone else or force the election to the House of Representatives by denying Trump the electoral-vote majority he had appeared to earn last month. In the end, only two electors broke faith with Trump, one voting for Gov. Kasich and the other for Ron Paul, while a few others defected from Clinton, three of them voting for Colin Powell. I'm posting the video to my blog a day late, but in my defense these people were too late yesterday.

2 comments:

hobbyfan said...

Most of those folks were late to the party, period. Paranoia runneth rampant, but it does seem as though Dumb Donald is trying to treat this like being President is akin to being the head of a major, multi-national corporation. Wrong path to take, and I'd say this way lies madness, but we already know Trump's mind is off the rails......

Anonymous said...

I find it quite amusing that Clinton ended up losing more electoral votes than tRump did. Insofar as tRump running the country as if it were a corporation, let him try. How badly can he screw the country? At the very least, if he fails utterly, then all the capitalist loonies who insist that government should be run like a business will be shut up for awhile. Perhaps he'll succeed. I certainly won't complain if my life takes a turn for the better because of some policy he implements. I won't hold my breath waiting either.